Updated January 24,2015
When you share information with us, we can make our services even better by showing you more relevant information and linking you with others quicker and easier. As you continue to use our services, we want you to be clear about how we are using your information and the way in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- And the choices you have to access, share and update information.
What types of my information does CapitalOrigination gather?
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you submit to us. When you sign up for our services, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the services, you’ll also need to create a profile that will be a part of the information submitted to us.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a certain part of our site and how you interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). CapitalOrigination may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your CapitalOrigination account.
- Device information
- Location-based data. When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, identify nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device or browser. When you visit our website, we send one or more cookies (a small file containing a string of characters) to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the website during future visits. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
How does CapitalOrigination use my information?
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect CapitalOrigination and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and content. We use your personal information to process and administer details of your membership, to communicate with you, to provide you with opportunities, and to keep you up to date with new developments at CapitalOrigination. We also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. CapitalOrigination may contact you using information you voluntarily provide. It’s important for you to understand that:
- We do not share your information with unaffiliated companies for marketing purposes without your prior permission.
- Unless you opt-out, we may share information about you among companies affiliated with us to inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
If you contact us for troubleshooting, we may also keep a record of that fact to better serve you and other CapitalOrigination customers in the future.
Disclosure of Your Information
CapitalOrigination is committed to keeping your information confidential. CapitalOrigination may disclose your personal information in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime. If we sell our company or any part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, CapitalOrigination may disclose your personal information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
CapitalOrigination does not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party except as described below:
- In order to administer or process a transaction, product or the services provided by CapitalOrigination;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulation or legal process;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, fulfillment, member service, member satisfaction surveys or other data collection activities relevant to our business.
Can I opt-out of CapitalOrigination’s collection and use of information?
To a limited degree, yes. You may choose not to provide personal information to CapitalOrigination.
You may set up your computer to reject cookies. However, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our website.
Security & Information Retention
What risks do I take by sharing information?
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your personal information. We cannot ensure that information you share on our website will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on our website. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password and using up to date antivirus software.
Third Party Sites
Changes to This Policy
What should I do if I have more questions?